I have never been to a therapist. Isn’t therapy for the weak?
Not at all. Even the strongest people need help. In fact I believe it takes strength to ask for help or direction. The strongest people know when to seek guidance from someone with a different expertise. Surrounding yourself with people with a different skill set is what strong and successful people do.
Do you provide online therapy? If so, how does that work?
Yes, I do online therapy. Online therapy is the most convenient way to get the help you need from wherever you are. I provide a user friendly HIPPA compliant platform for video sessions.
We live in a world where we can access nearly everything from a smartphone, tablet, or computer. Why shouldn’t therapy be the same? I have worked with many clients who choose online therapy due to busy schedules, frequent travel, ease of use, or because walking into a counseling office can feel overwhelming. In Utah this can also come in handy on days when weather bottlenecks our roads.
When I began providing online therapy, I was worried that it would feel disconnected. I was wrong! I can provide the same type of sessions for my clients from the comfort of their home, office, or hotel room. An added bonus for those of you who have packed schedules, you do not have to add travel time to your already busy day.
If you live in UT clients can choose to combine in person sessions with online sessions, or all sessions can be online.
Should you opt for online sessions, the platform is user friendly. You will receive a link to a virtual “waiting room,” which launches the video session. It is even easy for those who are not computer savvy. Online sessions are confidential and HIPPA compliant.
My license allows me to work with people who live in the states I am licensed in. If you live in a small community you may not have many providers. Perhaps the community is so small you personally know the therapists and you want a different perspective, I can help. I am able to work with those who reside in the states of Utah, Ohio, Nebraska, Virginia, and Texas.
What can I expect from therapy? What will the session be like?
Whether you are wanting a combination of online and in-office sessions, or you prefer to work with me exclusively online or in person, I want you to be comfortable with the nexts steps.
- You will start of by calling or sending a message to schedule your free, no obligation, 15-minute phone consultation. During the call you have the opportunity to ask questions, and I will ask you some questions, so that we can see if we are a good fit.
- If we feel like we are a good fit we can schedule our initial session at that time.
- Once we have an appointment scheduled I will email you a link to access intake paperwork. You can fill this out at your leisure prior to our first session.
- The initial session is 80 minutes. This allows time to thoroughly discuss your current situation, the challenges you are facing, the direction you would like to take in treatment, and of course privacy and confidentiality.
- Subsequent sessions are 55 minutes weekly to build momentum (this is also specific to your needs and can be adjusted accordingly).
- I am a proactive therapist. I often provide items for you to work on between sessions in order to help you achieve your goals
How long does therapy last?
The answer is it depends. As I mentioned, I consider myself a proactive therapist, so I want to get you what you need as quickly as possible. However, everyone’s circumstances are unique to them and the length of time therapy can take depends on numerous factors including your desire for personal development, your history, your commitment, and the reasons you are seeking therapy in the first place. Most of my clients see the progress within a few short months.
I want to get the most out of therapy. What can I do to help?
I am glad you are wanting to getting the most out of your sessions. Your active participation and dedication is crucial to your success. After all, we only see each other for a session a week. It’s the work you do inside and outside of our sessions that make a big impact. Your willingness to be honest with yourself will truly help you see your personal growth and development in a timely manner.